Drive My Pride..


Topic: Housing.com

Breaking Stereotypes:
Big or small, a change moves you a step ahead. Talking about bold steps, I would like to share the simple looking yet complex step of my life. Belonging to conservative families, girls in day to day life are fighting for each grain swallowed. One such move was when I learned driving. Associated with a tag that “women can’t drive and park”. I wanna tell the world, I am a Girl and I can drive.
Getting on a four wheeler was a tough one, not because it’s hard to drive but because it’s hard to survive on road. In a rush to reach the destined, pedestrians aren’t considered human beings.

Initially when I got down to the roads, I was accompanied with continuous honking and staring eyes teaching me how to drive. Although my father did his best to teach me the best of ways to deal with panic stricken honks on road and make way through odds. I drove slow; I stepped on the road in proper rows. But I was considered weak because I was learning to seek. In panic my car used to stop in the middle of the road, I used to be the mouse running between the jaguars. Nobody considered me right, no body helped me and guide. I didn’t give hope; I drove slow and learned new strokes. Gradually I learned to survive. I don’t give a damn to those staring eyes. I broke the stereotype, I could drive and I am smarter to park. I took my bold step to bring a new change in my life. I didn’t give up, I gave them back. Today I drive with ease, I enjoy my ride and I am surely pleased.
Strive for an opportunity, you will see every crossing with a girl speeding with thee. For every girl fighting the stereotype, my poem dedicated to you. Hope it inspires the real you.


Even Women can drive,
Get wings to fly…
Struck in jams,
Even they can survive…


Across the lane,
We drive like a plane…

Know when to break,
Know when to take our stake…

Mini or Miney mo,
We aren't Barbie dolls anymore…
We roll and take the pride,
We drive across the tangent roads…

Honk and you get the prize,
Will drive slow till u realize…
I won’t shout I won’t even strive,
Will compliment your anger and just smile…

I drive to ease,
I don't care if u aren't pleased...
Stay away if u don't like,
But I will prefer to have a sane drive…

Don't consider me fragile,
Don't overlook in my eye...
You anger a woman u see where u arrived,
I am a woman, Even I can drive...

https://housing.com/

Comments

Popular Posts